Forbes Travel Guide is the global authority on luxury travel. Started as Mobil Travel Guide in 1958, we created the first Five-Star rating system in the United States. Today we are global, offering discerning travelers the world’s only independently rated collection of luxury hotels, restaurants and spas.
Our in-depth consulting services provide hospitality partners with tools to achieve consistent, exceptional guest experiences. In addition to our Global Partnership, which gives insight into the Star Rating program, we offer on-demand inspection services, customized in-person training, our cutting-edge Star Coach training application, customized brand standards development and more.
The Global Partnership provides transparency into Forbes Travel Guide’s rigorous and prestigious Star Rating system. Among other benefits, the program grants partners visibility into their annual Star Rating evaluation results. The Global Partnership includes:
- Access to Forbes Travel Guide’s proprietary service and facility standards for hotels, restaurants and spas
- Annual incognito inspection report which details the results used to determine the official Forbes Travel Guide Star Rating
- Custom and standard benchmarking data compared to Forbes Travel Guide Star-Rated properties
- Star Rating plaque and license to use Forbes Travel Guide logo and the official Five-Star, Four-Star or Recommended marks for promotional purposes
- Featured profile on www.forbestravelguide.com with direct links to property’s booking engine and website
- Inclusion in Forbes Travel Guide promotional programs
The Quality Assessment program provides the opportunity to have a Forbes Travel Guide certified inspector assess your property on the same criteria that are used in the Forbes Travel Guide official Star Rating System — the “ultimate practice test” on the most stringent standards in the hospitality industry. The Quality Assessment offers:
- The ability to select the timing and frequency of assessments
- Specific observations and photos that help you understand your property’s strengths and opportunities for improvement
- Data to help isolate operational strategies and focus on areas that need attention and development
- Access to our Web-based, proprietary reporting system, which includes benchmarking on Five-Star, Four-Star and Recommended achievement
Our Training program focuses on developing a culture of intuitive, engaged team members, allowing the personality of the property to shine and the employee to flourish. Training modules are bespoke to each property and integrate brand standards and management initiatives.
- Training sessions are performed by certified Forbes Travel Guide Executive Trainers who provide insight into best practices in all aspects of the guest experience.
- Our trainers are service experts who offer the perspective of a training enthusiast, an inspector and a well-traveled guest. We have deep-rooted knowledge of hospitality standards from our time at luxury properties around the globe.
- Through role-playing and customized exercises, we develop the staff’s confidence and skills to provide consistent and memorable experiences for your guests.